Superior Court Judges

The Superior Court of White County is a trial court of general jurisdiction. The Superior Court handles both civil and criminal cases. The court holds concurrent jurisdiction with the Magistrate Court over some legal actions, while holding exclusive jurisdiction over various other cases such as cases of equity, divorce, adoption, title to real property, and felony jury trials. The Superior Court is also authorized to review the decisions of lower courts.

White County Superior Court is a part of the Enotah Judicial Circuit. The circuit was formed in 1992, joining Lumpkin, Towns, Union, and White Counties. The Enotah Judicial Circuit currently has two elected Superior Court Judges that serve four-year terms. Beginning January 1, 2008, the circuit will include a third Superior Court Judge.

Contact Information:

Honorable N. Stanley Gunter Chief Superior Court Judge

Jennifer M. Vandiver, Judicial Secretary
65 Courthouse Street, Box 2
Blairsville, GA.Cleveland, GA 30512
(706) 439-6100 Phone
(706) 439-6099 Fax

Honorable Raymond E. George Judge, Superior Court

Sandi Lovell, Judicial Secretary
325 Riley Road, Room 208
Dahlonega, GA 30533
(706) 867-8002 Phone
(706) 482-2522 Fax

Honorable Joy R. Parks Judge, Superior Court

Melissa Jackson, Judicial Secretary
325 Riley Road, Room 212
Dahlonega, GA 30533
(706) 482-2512 Phone
(706) 482-2522 Fax


How do I initiate a legal action or make a motion in a pending legal action?

For filing information, contact the White County Clerk of Courts Office. However, please note that the Judge’s office and Clerk’s office are prohibited from providing legal advice of any kind.

How do I schedule a hearing in my case?

Hearings in pending legal actions may be scheduled by contacting the judicial secretary of the judge assigned to your case. Typically, only matters that are already filed and pending before the court may be scheduled for a hearing. Certain notification requirements and statutory timelines may also apply and must be considered when scheduling a hearing.

May I talk to the Judge or someone at the Judge’s office about a case?

Superior Court Judges and their staff are prohibited from any ex parte communications regarding cases. The judge and the judge’s staff are further prohibited from providing legal advice of any kind. This means that the judge and his or her staff cannot answer any questions or discuss any aspect of a legal matter except for communications required for the scheduling and management of the court calendar or as otherwise specifically authorized by law.

How do I apply for an appointed attorney to represent me in my criminal case?

To apply for a state-provided attorney in a criminal case, contact the Public Defender’s Office. Qualified individuals will be assigned an attorney from the Public Defender’s Office or from the “conflict” attorneys list. Parties to juvenile cases may also be eligible for an appointed attorney and should contact the Juvenile Court for more information. Attorneys are not provided for civil actions.